Examples of What’s Included in the Key Selection Criteria Creator
- Describe a recent achievement, project or task that you are particularly proud of one that demonstrates achieving results in difficult circumstances. Describe how that achievement contributed to your organisation.
- Describe a recent achievement, project or task that required you to work closely with other colleagues to achieve a challenging outcome. Describe some of the difficulties you experienced in working in a team environment and how you overcame them.
- Describe the major legislation, rules, policies or practices that you are required to conform with in your current role the ones that have the most impact on your day to day work. Describe how this framework shapes your work and how you have made sure you kept up to date in the last year.
Community Services Family Support Worker
- Ability to demonstrate and display values- integrity, courage, accountability, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- A tertiary qualification in a related field such as Certificate 3 in Community Services ? Community Work and/or relevant experience.
- Experience in developing collaborative and supportive working relationships with organisations including multicultural service providers.
- Demonstrate theoretical knowledge of child development, family dynamics, case work with families and the ability to plan, develop and implement group programs.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills, including the ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural, socioeconomic and language backgrounds.
- Commitment to the principle of an integrated team model of service delivery and the demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer literacy.
- Current Victorian Driver’s licence
- Additional community languages
- Knowledge of relevant Victorian legislation – Children, Youth and Families Act, 2005 and Child Well Being and Safety Act;
- Experience working within Victorian context of Child and Family Services;
- Extensive experience in delivering support services to culturally diverse groups and to children;
- Experience with interpreters
- Group work experience, designing and facilitating parent support groups
Department of Citizenship and Immigration – Training Role
1. Contributes to Strategic Thinking – Describe a situation that demonstrates your ability to understand the ways in which factors outside the immediate work environment impact on the way programs or services are delivered.
2 Achieves Results – In our work it is important to remain aware of changes in the programs and services offered by organisations we work for. Describe a specific situation that illustrates your ability to remain up-to-date with changes in the programs or services offered by an area you have worked in.
3 Supports Productive Working Relationships – Give an example of a time when you have been required to adjust your client service approach as a result of feedback you received from clients or colleagues.
4 Displays Personal Drive and Integrity – Describe a situation in which you have maintained an optimistic outlook despite setbacks in achieving a goal or work objective.
5 Communicates with Influence – Give us an example of a time when you had to present accurate, current and impartial advice to others.
6 Demonstrates Professional or Technical Proficiency – Describe a time when you have had to present a complex technical or specialist issue so that it could be easily understood by an audience who was unfamiliar with the topic area.
Department of Citizenship and Immigration
1. Motivation – What motivated you to apply for this role as an APS5 Team Leader for DIAC?
2. Communication – Describe a situation where you identified that a different communication style was required.
What lead you to this decision and how did you go about changing your style?
3. Learning Orientation – Describe a time when you had to learn a new system / process that you considered to be quite complex. How did you go about ensuring you were proficient in learning that new system / process
Marine, Customs and Border Protection
Managerial and Planning
Ability to effectively organise, plan and deliver services to:
Prioritise work load, and meet deadlines
Contribute to work area planning
Maintain self control and stay focused
Continuous Improvement and Change Management
Orientation towards continuous improvement, managing change and being flexible to:
- Support change
- Suggest improvements to processes and practices
- Learn from experience and readily acquire new skills
- Develop personal skills and abilities
Communication and Client Focus
Demonstrated understanding of client needs and sound communication and interpersonal skills to:
- Deliver high quality client service
- Resolve issues of conflict
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner
Leadership/Teams and Integrity
- Demonstrated high standards of integrity and leadership skills to:Positively participate in teams
- Show initiative and take responsibility for actions
- Resolve and/or refer issues of ethics and probity
- Apply policy and guidelines without personal bias
Model fair and equitable behaviour, the APS Values and high standards of conduct
Decision Making and Strategic Thinking
Ability to access and use information and emergent technology strategically to:
- Access and analyse information to solve problems
- Make decisions and exercise good judgement
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Achieve work area outcomes
- Apply relevant legislation, policy and guidelines
- Apply a broad knowledge of Customs and Border Protection functions, responsibilities and organisational linkages.
Law Student Graduate Program to Australian Federal Police
- Organising your work, making sound decisions and achieving outcomes
- Communicating and working effectively with other people
- Applying technical knowledge, expertise and skills
- Project Management Role – Mission Work, Developing Countries
Occupational Health & Safety Systems Auditor
- Significant experience in the management of audit programs and/or systems, and as lead auditor of complex system audits.
- Extensive experience and proven ability in undertaking systems analysis of current and proposed management information systems in a large organisation.
- Extensive experience in using audit software.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in OHS management systems.
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with and influence senior managers and personnel on a range of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Proven ability to work independently in a collegiate way and to handle multiple priorities.
- A proven record of ethical behaviour and a demonstrated commitment to the Ambulance Victoria Code of Ethics and Conduct, Financial Code of Practice, and the Organisational Values.
Project Management Roles
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a range of operations functions, including contract management, budget, logistics, finance, HR and reporting requirements.Demonstrated experience reviewing, developing and implementing program policies and processes for improved operations effectiveness.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing diverse teams, including coaching and mentoring team members. Demonstrated understanding of the constraints placed on an organisation operating in a developing countryDemonstrated ability to solve problems and negotiate in a culturally sensitive manner to ensure ownership and acceptance.
Project Co-ordination Roles
- Experience in the support of projects, or components of major projects, within time, scope and budget, including administrative support, record keeping, planning, scheduling, implementation, monitoring, in partnerships with internal colleagues, external stakeholders, and contracted partners, and post implementation review.
- Demonstrated capacity to influence and negotiate, assist in the development and implementation of organisational change, trouble shoot systems, and engage people in achieving common outcomes.
- Proven conceptual, analytical ability and demonstrated research and policy skills with the ability to think creatively, strategize and critically assess arguments and an understanding of legislative and policy relevance to a law enforcement environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in environments incorporating complex data repositories, sensitive data, and the efficient and effective management and utilisation of information.
Well developed communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing, including an aptitude to competently and effectively liaise and negotiate with a diverse range of key stakeholders including internal personnel and external agencies and other significant bodies.
Proven ability to deliver quality operational and business outcomes in support of an operating environment consistent with an Organisation?s strategic direction, plan or action statement.
Teaching Roles & Non-Academic Education Officers
1. Demonstrated understanding of initiatives in student learning including the Standards, the Principles of Learning and Teaching P‐12 and Assessment and Reporting Advice and the capacity to implement curriculum programs consistent with their intent.
2. Demonstrated high level classroom teaching skills and the capacity to work with colleagues to continually improve teaching and learning.
3. Demonstrated ability to monitor and assess student learning data and to use this data to inform teaching for improved student learning.
4. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills and high level interpersonal skills including a capacity to develop constructive relationships with students, parents and other staff.
5. Demonstrated commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities and a commitment to ongoing professional learning to enable further development of skills, expertise and teaching capacity.
6. Demonstrate understanding of the issues involved in girls’ education, especially in a single‐sex environment, and a willingness to promote a culture of excellence.
Non-Academic Job Application – Education Officer
- Supports strategic direction
- Achieves results
- Supports productive working relationships
- Displays personal drive and integrity.
- Communicates with influence.